Transformers cause fire at Grammar School

Transformers cause fire at Grammar School

85
SHARE

School had to be dismissed early for students attending the Antigua Grammar School after a panel caught fire on top of the building.

The principal of the school, Sam Roberts tells ZDK that the main electrical panel to the school caught fire and knocked out power to the entire institution.

Electricity from the lamp pole reportedly backed up to the school’s circuits, causing a power outage.

Interview Audio 1 – Sam-on-School-fire.mp3

Roberts says the transformer outside of the school also blew and caused the post to catch fire.

Interview Audio 2 – Sam-on-School-fire

As a pre-caution, school was dismissed at 11 A.M.

There were no injuries or damage reported and students are expected back at school tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8 a.m.