Grammar School back in Session after electrical fire

Grammar School back in Session after electrical fire

18
SHARE

Class is back in session for students at the Antigua Grammar School.

On Monday an electrical fire forced the Education Ministry to dismiss school at 11 a.m. after a panel caught fire on top of the building.

The principal of the school, Sam Roberts had said that the main electrical panel to the school caught fire and knocked out power to the entire institution.

Electricity from the lamp pole reportedly backed up to the school’s circuits, causing a power outage. That outage affected water supply coming unto the compound.

Roberts says the transformer outside of the school also blew and caused the post to catch fire.
There were no injuries or damage reported. The principal says the problem was fixed at around 9.30 last night and students have returned to school.