The general public is being reminded that registration is continuous.
Persons who wish to have their names on the Preliminary Register published in October, are urged to register by August 31st 2018.
Additionally, the Supervisor of Elections, wishes to inform the general public that in order to participate in the Referendum on November 6th, persons would also have to register by August 31st 2018. Those persons who would have applied for a transfer prior to August 31st will also be processed. These individuals are also asked to come into the Headquarters upon receiving a call to complete the process.
This will provide the required time for all of the necessary procedures to include claims and objections to be duly completed in time for the names to appear on the October Register.
An individual is qualified to be registered as an elector for a constituency if, he or she:
- is a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda; or
- is a Commonwealth citizen (other than a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda) who has resided in Antigua and Barbuda legally for a period of at least seven years immediately before the qualifying date; and
- is 18 years of age or over; and
- has resided in that constituency for a period of at least 6 months prior to his or her registration.
The following documents are to be provided by an applicant for registration in accordance
For Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda:
- Valid Antigua and Barbuda passport; or
- Birth or Baptismal Certificate with photo identification (i.e. Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Medical Benefits Card or photo certified by persons eligible to endorse passport forms).
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Registration (in the event the passport is not yet processed, together with photo identification);
For Citizens of a Commonwealth Country –
- A valid Commonwealth passport which must show that the applicant has been lawfully residing in Antigua and Barbuda for seven consecutive years prior to the date when the person applies to be registered, in addition to any other documentation requested by the Registration Officer.
Persons are also encouraged to visit our website www.abec.gov.ag for further details.